Upcoming Events @ Sunset Hills
Mystery Theater & Party
Do you have what it takes to solve the perfect crime? Sunset Hills Vineyard is hosting a party and interactive mystery theater performance.
The rustle of silks and feathers under muted conversation was probably the last thing heard by the tragically and unexpectedly deceased at the Billionaires’ Club Annual Masquerade Ball. With a mystery under each feather façade, unmasking the killer may be quite a challenge. It’s up to you to determine which partygoer is guilty, bring this crime to justice, and save the party!
Attend the Billionaires’ Club Annual Masquerade Ball and help get this soiree back on track by tradin clues with your guests, gathering information, and solving the crime before the masked menace gets away! Evening wear, Venetian masks, and suits are what to wear to this high class night of masks of murder. Get ready for a glamorous evening of mystery, intrigue, and murder.
Mystery parties are an immersive experience- Not only do the hosts come in costume, but we you to do so as well. Your ticket includes a cocktail hour upon arrival with heavy hors d'oeuvres, tasting of the 2009 & 2010 Sunset Red, two drink tickets, and a night to remember. The tasting bar will be open for glass and bottle sales through the event.
Saturday, October 28th, 6 - 9 pm
Sunset Hills Vineyard Tasting Room
2009 – 2014 Sunset Red Case and Half Case Feature
We are bringing back our full lineup of Sunset Red Wine for this event. Guests may purchase one case (2 bottles of each vintage – 2009 through 2014) at the current 2016 Sunset Red price for all bottles. Case and Club Discounts will apply.
Purchase a six pack (one bottle of each vintage) – club discount apply.
A limited number of tickets are available. Purchase yours today!*
*Club discounts do not apply
Sip and Support a Great Cause!
Sunset Hills Vineyard will be donating 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Sunset Rosé, Rosé of Cab Franc, and Dawn in the month of October to the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Research Center.
Visit the Tasting Room to purchase your favorite Sunset Hills' Rosé:
2016 Rosé of Cabernet Franc
|2016 Sunset Rosé|
|Sunset Hills Dawn|
Late Night Fridays at Sunset Hills
Watch the Sunset at Sunset!
While you can't go on vacation every week, you can make plans to look forward to! Sunset Hills is open late on select Fridays throughout the summer. Leave work knowing you have a well-deserved glass of wine waiting for you in a beautiful area of Loudoun County. Plus, we'll have live music by the area's best musicians.
On select Friday's Sunset Hills will be opened from 12 - 8 pm.
Friday, October 27th - Julia Kasdorf, 5 - 8 pm -- Last Late Night Friday of 2017!
Look who's playing at Sunset Hills:
Grab your friends and make your plans because these musicians are coming to play at Sunset Hills this weekend!
Saturday, October 21 - Chris Bone 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Sunday, October 22 – Jason Masi 1:30 - 4:30 pm
For more of our upcoming musicians, visit our Live Music Schedule >
Fall in Love with Sunset Hills Wine!
October is Virginia Wine Month and to celebrate, Sunset Hills is hosting a Fall Photo Contest! Each Monday in October, we'll post a photo prompt. Show your love for Virginia wine and take a photo that represents the prompt with your favorite Sunset Hills wines. Be sure to tag us! Photos will be collected in an album and the photo with the most likes in the album wins a gift card!
Prompt #1: Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
Prompt #2: All the Colors of Fall
Prompt #3: Cheers to Team Spirit
Prompt #4: To be announced on Monday, 10/22
Prompts will be posted at 10 am on Monday, October 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 22nd. Photos for that week's prompt can be posted through the following Sunday. Appropriate photos will be collected in a Facebook album and can be 'liked' through October 31st. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 1st. Four winners will be selected to receive a Sunset Hills gift card - one from each week!
There are a few guidelines to this photo contest:
- Share your love for Sunset Hills - Sunset Hills has to be represented in the photo to qualify.
- Tag Sunset Hills Vineyard (@SunsetHillsVineyard) so that we can see your photo!
- Be mindful of others and only post appropriate photos! Sunset Hills reserves the right to not share inappropriate content.
- By tagging Sunset Hills Vineyard in your photo, Sunset Hills is allowed to share or repost your photo with our followers.
- Employees of Sunset Hills Vineyard or 50 West Vineyards are not eligible to win.
Sunset Hills is so excited to see your photos! Make sure to follow us on Facebook to be the first to see all the prompts. Prompts will also be posted on this page, too!
Cheers to Nine Years!
Cheers to 9 years! We’re excited to celebrate our 9th year as an authentic Virginia vineyard and winery. Join us for a full weekend of award-winning wine, live music, food, events, and so much more starting on Saturday, November 18th, through Sunday, November 19th.
Anniversary Weekend Features:
- Everyone’s a Club Member: During our anniversary weekend, everyone is a club member at the tasting bar! You get to decide whether you would like to try the standard tasting or upgrade to a full club member tasting. See what our happy club members have had the chance to experience for the past nine years. Tasting fees still apply.
- The Greater Good – Giving Thanks: Sunset Hills believes it’s critical to give back to causes making a difference in our community at large. Continuing this tradition, for every tasting or purchase made during the Anniversary Weekend, you’ll be given a cork that’s worth $5. You’ll get to choose from three amazing local organizations making a difference in Loudoun County. Totals will be tallied up after Thanksgiving weekend and will be donated to the charities from the Mike and Diane Canney Foundation. The three organizations benefiting from this fundraiser are Loudoun Literacy, Boulder Crest Retreat, and the Humane Society of Loudoun County.
- Fun Facts Raffle: Think you know the most about Sunset Hills Vineyard? Prove it! Mike and Diane have come up with several questions about the nine years that Sunset Hills has been around. Fill out a card with your answers at the tasting bar - cards that are 100% correct will be entered to win a Sunset Hills gift basket!
- Cake! What’s a celebration without cake? Just a meeting. So let’s celebrate and eat cake, too! There will be a cake cutting both Saturday and Sunday at 3pm.
Wine Feature: Turkey Trio 3-Pack for only $60
Thanksgiving is right around the corner – still looking for the perfect wine pairing to go with dinner? Look no further than the Turkey Trio 3-Pack! Pair your delicious dishes with the 2016 Viognier, 2016 Sunset Rosé, and V1 Chardonnay. All three bottles for only $60! Bonus – the 2016 Viognier was the top wine at the Loudoun Wine Awards!
Special Event: Cheese-ology & Wine Pairing Class
Saturday, November 18th at 11:30 am, 1 pm, or 2:30 pm
Tickets are $20 per person
Are you hosting a holiday party this season? Have you ever wondered how to pair the perfect cheese with wine? Make your next party a success by attending our Cheese-ology class and learn from award winning Cheese Monger, Perry Soulos, and one of our expert wine educators. Your ticket includes a tasting of Sunset Hills Rosé, V1 Chardonnay, and Viognier – each paired with three unique cheeses. All three wines and selected featured cheeses will be available for purchase after the event so you can wow your family and friends with your new pairing knowledge during the holidays!
Tickets coming soon!
Saturday, November 18th – Todd Brooks, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Sunday, November 19th – Jason Masi, 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Restaurant Feature: Roots 657
Looking for a delicious snack or lunch to enjoy with your wine? Roots 657 will be at Sunset Hills Vineyard selling dishes like Smokehouse Chili, Brisket Tacos, and Apple Cobbler – perfect for a Fall weekend!
You’re like family to us so bring your family and celebrate with us! Save an event reminder and share this event on Facebook.